
"The preoccupations of young women don't seem to change much from generation to generation. But in every generation there seem to be a few who make other choices."
I am reading book now that is called, "Set-Apart Femininity", written by, Leslie Ludy. It is all about becoming the women that God created you to be. Portraying the beauty of the Lord and not the worlds. When I read what Mrs. Elliot said, it really hit me. I want to one of the few, like the Marines, "The Few, the Proud." That is what I want to be like, except I don't want to be proud, I want to show the world that the joy and beauty from the Lord will last FOREVER and that it is fulfilling, that it will never run out! It will always be satisfying and that you will never thirst. I want to be one of these few young women with hopes that maybe, with the Lords help, through example, other young women will want to be come a part of this wonderful circle! I want to be a part of the few young women in the world who want to be modest, a part of those who treasure their virginity, one that is glowing because of the Lord, not some immortal pleasure that as a shadow.
Please pray that I can become a young women like this that is honoring to the Lord. That I may be an example to other young women in my community and beyond!
Thank you all for always being there for me and being such awesome examples of loving mothers, caring, obedient wifes, and amazing sisters!!!!!
God Bless,
Joy.
8 comments:
I love Elisabeth Elliot! She had a profound influence on my life when I was your age, Leah-Joy. And after I married, I read, "Let Me Be a Woman", which I still pull off my bookshelf and review it often.
Stay true to God's Word, and not only will you have that Inner Compass to help you navigate through these confusing times, but I know you are such a great example to those around you as well.
Thank you for a wonderful post. you are such a blessing to me.I am SO glad we are friends. love Jessie
Was the "set apart femininity" book you mentioned by Leslie Ludy? If so, that's a favorite of mine as well! I know she uses some of Elisabeth Elliot's quotes from time to time, and I'm pretty sure that one is in her book for young women. She is such an inspiring woman and always has such words of wisdom to give!
Yes, it was Leslie Ludy.
Yes, it was Leslie Ludy.
Leah-Joy,
This is a beautiful post. I only recently discovered the writings if Mrs. Elliot and she has really been a great blessing to me through her writings. I am so glad that you have this desire in your heart and that you are a friend to my girls.
Hey Leah~joy! Sadly, I haven't read any Elisabeth Elliot, but I plan to sometime soon. :-)
THANK YOU for that post! You speaketh wise words. :-) Praise God! I truly needed to hear that. I've been struggling with my faith lately, so please pray for me...hope to see you soon! ~elizabeth
This was a beautiful post. You have an amazing heart that is so full of love for your Lord. Thank you for allowing His love to spill out of your heart and touch all of us here at home. You are so faithful to help and encourage and be there till the job is done. I will pray for you. You ARE an example to those around you. If you are ever discouraged, please come to me and tell me, or your wonderful blogger moms - we would love to help encourage you or just listen.
I love you dearly,
Mama
Post a Comment