
As many of you know,this is the noble:
Thomas Jonathan Jackson.
You may wonder why I didn't just put
"Stonewall."
Well, believe it or not, he did not like being called Stonewall.
He said that he was not stonewall, that the real stonewall was the Virginia Brigade.
And during the War Between the States when the Yankees
heard that the Stonewall Brigade was coming that
instilled fear upon them!
Once when his supplies were bare, his men tired and many other down falls had come upon he and his men,
he rallied them up and having encouraged them so,
the men ran forward with bayonets and leaving there fear behind, shouted,
'JACKSON, JACKSON, JACKSON!!!!"
Having heard this the foe ran for their lives leaving the Confederates with a great victory!
As I wrote my report about him today, I couldn't help but think how sad it is that such a
brilliant mind died at just the mere age of 31.
But, it was the Lord's will and he was ready, for having been shot under friendly fire and having pneumonia from a punctured lung and inhaled anesthetic on his death on May 10th in 1863
after his wife Mary Anna told him that would go home within the hour,
he looked into her eyes and said,
"I prefer it."
I hope and pray that when the Lord calls us all home that we all
"Prefer it" as he did!
Thomas Jonathan Jackson.
You may wonder why I didn't just put
"Stonewall."
Well, believe it or not, he did not like being called Stonewall.
He said that he was not stonewall, that the real stonewall was the Virginia Brigade.
And during the War Between the States when the Yankees
heard that the Stonewall Brigade was coming that
instilled fear upon them!
Once when his supplies were bare, his men tired and many other down falls had come upon he and his men,
he rallied them up and having encouraged them so,
the men ran forward with bayonets and leaving there fear behind, shouted,
'JACKSON, JACKSON, JACKSON!!!!"
Having heard this the foe ran for their lives leaving the Confederates with a great victory!
As I wrote my report about him today, I couldn't help but think how sad it is that such a
brilliant mind died at just the mere age of 31.
But, it was the Lord's will and he was ready, for having been shot under friendly fire and having pneumonia from a punctured lung and inhaled anesthetic on his death on May 10th in 1863
after his wife Mary Anna told him that would go home within the hour,
he looked into her eyes and said,
"I prefer it."
I hope and pray that when the Lord calls us all home that we all
"Prefer it" as he did!
7 comments:
That is so great! I am so glad that we will meet him in heaven. Aren't you? I almost started crying when you read your essay and you were talking about his death. Waahhh. (I am not ready to see the movie yet!!! Noo way )
You are very wise for such a young age :)
I LUV U!!
Your report was excellent! I DID cry! You have a beautiful heart and I'm so glad that the Lord blessed us with you.
I love you dearly,
Mama
Your writing is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing your heart with us. Jackson was a wonderful man. Thank you for sharing with us all that you have learned.
Just make me almost cry why don't ya! So sad, yet think of the stories Jackson will tell us in heaven! Love you,
Hope:)
What a great post, L-J! We're huge General Jackson fans here too!
Thanks everybody for leaving the great comments!
Post a Comment