Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Chivalry

Nowadays you don't see much chivalry. But, I have been blessed to see it in friends and family quite a bit here lately.

We have heard that a girl's part of being chivalrous is accepting when a guy offers to do something. Well, for us independent girls at times it is hard to do that! Baby Girl especially. Well, the fella above, a friend of our cousin, did an act you rarely see, he gave Baby Girl his chair and would not take no for an answer. Baby Girl was not going to be left standing up!

This little cutie is my double first cousin. Two sisters married two brothers. Just the other Sunday he was at our house. When he walked by he noticed that I was leaning over my foot with a pair of tweezers. He asked what I was doing, I told him that I was trying to get a piece of glass out of my foot. He then took the tweezers away, put my DIRTY foot on his knee and ran his finger across my foot to find the glass. Then, he just pulled it right out! It made my week!!

You all know Buddy. He is growing up and maturing so much, so fast! And you all know that when we come home from the mission trip we are VERY TIRED! Well, the Friday we got home, Hope was looking for her dirty clothes. Buddy then walks into the kitchen, figures out our problem, and looks at Hope and says,
"Well, I hope that you like your clothes on heavy duty."
All on his own he got Hope's clothes, and started the washing machine!
I know that we all want to see more chivalry in our society, don't get me wrong, but girlies, half of chivalry is us; we have to accept it when a guy wants to help us! We have to say, "Thank you," when they want to give us their chair. Baby Girl could have stood up; I could have gotten the glass out of my foot and Hope could have washed her own clothes, but these three young men wanted to help us. And in helping us, it made them feel needed and us feel loved. Accept it when a guy wants to help you. When he does ask, it doesn't mean that he thinks that you are incapable of doing whatever it is, he just wants to be the man that God is molding him into and we need to accept it so that God can mold us into the women that he wants us to be.
God Bless,
Joy.




6 comments:

Hope said...

Way too awesome post! The pictures are great :)

I love you,
Hope :)

Elizabeth Maddox said...

Thank you for this post! It's so very true!!

~Red

Kristen said...

Joy, great post!
Also, we are thinking of you as you are waiting for your sweet ones to be with you, where they are supposed to be.

Southern Latitudes said...

What a blessing your reminder is to me tonight. Why am I so prideful with independance? Chivalry is a great thing.

Praying for you, your babies in Ethiopia and your entire family in the states. Keep the good fight and all things in God's timing.

Lindsay Rich said...

I needed to be reminded to do that! thansk for posting this.

Leah-Joy said...

your welcome! thanks for stopping by!