
While we were at the Wilderness we were able to have amazing Bible study time. Friday night our youth minister gave a sermon at the new chapel at the campground. It came from Numbers 14. Mr. Steve was talking about how God saved the Israelites from slavery; He saved us from the slavery of our sin. Then, the Isralites went to the dessert, but God had so much for them to have and experiece; God has so much more for us to have and experience. He doesn't just want to save us and then see us in heaven. He has something so awesome for us while we're still here on earth! He wants to have personal relationship with us! But to recieve that we must do hard things, get out of our comfort zones, obey His commands even when we are uncomfortable about doing whatever it is. The night before he talked about how, yes, God wants us to be comfortable but that isn't His main drive for us. He wants us to do His will for our lives and in doing that it will cause us to uncomfertable. But He will give us the strenth to do whatever it is. But, if we just want to be saved, go to heaven some day and not do what God as for us in the middle because we think that it will be to hard and that WE WON'T BE ABLE TO DO IT, we are just hangin out in the dessert. We are just like the Israelites who are always complaining and thinking that they couldn't take the promise land. While in the dessert we can't see what God is doing. Mr. Steve asked us if we were seeing "stuff' in our relationship with Him, were we looking for God in our Bible time and was He showing Himself to us. If no, be honest with yourself and admit that you are in the dessert! The more he preached the more I realized that I was in the dessert. God had saved my soul, He has forgiven me and forgives me everyday, but I was in the dessert; I wasn't doing His commands; I wasn't doing hard or seeking Him in my Bible time. I wasn't trying to learn something every time the doors were open at church and I HAD TO CHANGE!!! AND PRAISE GOD!!!!! HE HAS RESTORED TO ME THE JOY OF HIS SALVATION!!!!! I knew that I felt different but I wasn't sure if others would see it and I so hoped that they would. God gave me proof. When we came Saturday, Mama looked at me and said, "You just look so happy. You just have this peace and contentment about you." And that is exactly how I felt. Mr. Steve said he struggled with going back to the dessert and just telling God that he had it all under control because he is a minister. And he said exactly how I felt. My sister's, Mama and Daddy are all so godly and I would just be like, "Oh I'm one of them." And that night I realized that I need to live up to the bar that they have set and really be one of them!
Thank you all for reading and please pray that I will follow God's commands for me.
God Bless,
Joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment