
As you can see I have made some changes to my blog. The name, my "about me" and my music. This past year God has REALLY changeed my heart. For such a long time I wanted to be a nurse and work at the hospital, and even though that is what I wanted to do I was still not sure how I would be a mom too. Well, that was because I was not in the Lord's will. In June of 2008 I did the most important thing that I will ever do. I gave my life to the Lord! He has changed me so much and I am so thankful! He has changed my heart now, to where, even though I have no idea where I am going to college, what I am going to major in or anything like that, He has given me a peace that I would not take anything for because I know that if I am in His will He will take care of me and I will be safe! Now, that I am no longer wigging out over getting sciance and math perfected because I know that nursing is not what He has for me to do. My love for cooking has been able to grow, my love for my Daddy and Mama and my whole family, my love for babies and kids, and most important, my love for Him and my relationship with Him has been able to bloom! And I don't want it to change! It is so amazing! I am so thanful that He has saved my soul from the lake if fire called hell and that He wants to be MY father! I hope that I never get over my salvation. I am now trying to have peace with the unknown, do what I need to do now, when I have time prepare myself for whatever He has for me to do. I am so glad that He has changed my heart. Now all that I want to do, if it be His will, is get married, have a family and raise my children for Him! And I think that He has put that on my heart.
It is so interesting to see the ways that God chooses to teach us things. I don't think that I am a very patient person, but through this, He has taught me patience. He is ALWAYS teaching me to use my mouth for Him and not to show off with my witt. Sometimes things that I think up as a reply to something someone has said, to worldy standards, are very witty, but, in no way would they honor God. He is teaching me to just SHUT my mouth and let the Spirit tell me what to say or, just to not say anything at all!
Sometimes while I am waiting I get scared. What if I don't get married, what I go to the wrong college, major in the wrong, or just do something COMPLETELY out of His will. Then I realize that all I am doing is worrying and doing so is a sin! Even though I am just in the ninth grade and know that I need to wait and that God will send him I wonder if I will get married because I don't have boyfriend right now. So many girls my age have a boyfriend, and sometimes I just feel sorry for them and then sometimes, I want to be like them because it seems easier. God has helped me so much in giving me a peace that if I do wait and put ALL matters into His hands He will do "exceedling, abduntely, far more then I could ever imagine!" And I am so glad of that! I have no idea what I would do without Him. He has helped me to become a set apart woman for Him.
Thank you all for reading this and I don't know why, but I just really felt like God had me write this for someone. I have no idea who, but, I hope that it has helped someone. Giving my life to the Lord is the best thing I will ever do, and it is the best thing ANYONE can do because, God loved the world so much He sent His only Son so that We would not be eternely seperated from Him, and to this day, He loves us just as much as He loves His Son Jesus! WoW!! That IS AWESOME!!! That is indescribable!
May you be blessed by our Merciful Savior!
6 comments:
Your heart is so sweet and so beautiful. I will be praying for your patience. As we live each day in God's will, His will WILL be made clear to us. He doesn't want His plan for our life to be a mystery...listen to Him everyday. Obey everyday. His Will unfolds for us one day at a time. Read Scripture; pray; worship; listen hard to the sermon; fellowship with believers; meditate on God's word; spend time alone with just Him...
I love you dearly and am so thankful for how you bless me every day.
Mama
Wow. Bascially everything you said is exactly what I've felt and has gone on lately! Thank you for posting that! It's very encouraging!! Like you, I have NO idea what I'm going to college for. I'm in 10th grade, too.. but at one point I thought I would go to college and major in one thing, since I was good at it, and I got my mind set on it. But I had forgotten something. Is this God's path? I forgot to think that and talk about with Him. Well, later (this was last Dec.) on He told me, gently, that this was not His path. I realized I had been totally wrong, and then He told me the path that He wanted me to go on. At the time I thought that what He told me would possibly be for college, but now I realize maybe not so much as for college, but his path. His precious path. He told me where He wants me to go, and I have gone on it, of my own free will, but I want to follow Him. I don't want anything else. It is a hard one, as He's had me reign in my temper and self-control. Daily, it's difficult, since keeping my temper and patience in check is difficult, but only with His help have I triumphed. I've never thought it would be possible to NOT lose it, but I realize now that I can, through Him. All that you said in your blog is so encouraging. I feel like He had you write it to encourage me. So I'll stop telling you thank you, and start saying it to Him. Because He had you write it. Thank you God! Praise the Lord! Patience is VERY important and so worth-while! He has blessed me, and given me the keys I need, and now He is sitting back and seeing how I use them, seeing how I do and being like a Father with his daughter, giving me the encouragement (when needed) to go on. Something as simple as trust is so wonderful!
-Elizabeth
Leah- Joy,
There is so much I want to write to you, we will just have to save that for another day.
I am so proud of you and that I can say you are the kind of young lady that my daughter can call friend.
Love,
Mrs. Melanie
Leah-Joy,
God is in control but I know that even with that knowledge waiting is hard. I believe that you have all the things (FAITH: the substance of things hoped! The evidence of things unseen!) necessary for you to continue trusting and waiting!
You have a precious heart.
Love,
Aunt Debbie
Thanks everybody! Y'all are all so encouraging!!!
Leah Joy, it is so encouraging to read about a girl like you dedicated to do whatever God has for you! I will be praying for you:-). When I was a teenager people told me that it was the easiest time of my life and just to enjoy it before the real responsibilty came. I always knew they were wrong but I now I REALLY know they were wrong. I want to be honest with my kids and tell them that my teen years were the most difficult years of my life. All the waiting, wanting to be married, and all the unknowns really wore on me at times. Stay strong because Gods plan for you and your dreams WILL begin to unfold even though it seems like it is taking forever at times. I now look back on those years and wonder where the time went. even though it has only been a few years it seems like a long time ago that I was living at home with my siblings. I miss those days sometimes. Now that God has moved me to a totally different state I wish I had enjoyed my time with them more and not taken it for granted so much. Your blog is a real blessing to me! Keep it up!
Much Love, Lindsay
Post a Comment