Thursday, January 15, 2009

Our Quick Visit to the Cousin's

Hello to all! This past weekend we had to make quick trip to the Cousin's! The Lord has blessed Noel with a device called a VNS, it has helped her epilepsy oh so very much! It is a lot like a Pacemaker, but for your brain instead of your heart. Well, the battery in it is dieing and the surgery needs to be done up here so, at 7:00 on Friday night we left out! I don't think I have ever gotten that much stuff packed into two days ever! It was great! God kept us safe, blessed our time together, and we had many laughs, smiles, hugs and kisses from little ones! OK, lets see if I can be concise about what all we did,

  • Friday: Went to a funeral from 2:00-4:30, then left out at 7:00pm, arrived at destination at 3:00am
  • Saturday morning and afternoon: This time was spent with the Cousin's outside, playing the Wii, and games on the computer (for those of us talented enough!)
  • Saturday Afternoon: At this time we went to Darell's parent's house. His mom fixed us a wonderful super and we had a great time! Then we went to Darell's house (I haven't even known him long and that sounds weird). There we watched Pride and Prejudice.
  • Sunday Morning and Afternoon: God blessed us with an AWESOME church service! I always love going to the Cousin's church! Evangelist Rick Coram preached. Then after church Darell came to the Cousin's and had lunch with us! Aunt Renee is such a good cook! And she has eleven amazing helpers!
  • Sunday Evening: Darell took us to a place that he and Noel like to go to. THE BEACH!!! We didn't get to stay long because it started to rain. :( Then Daniel, his brother met us for pizza and ice cream! Thanks Darell! We had a blast!!!
  • Monday: This was the sad, last day. But Daddy was gracious and let us leave in the afternoon instead of the morning. WoW! I didn't realize how much we had done!
  • OH!!! And when we got home Monday night do you know what was in our mailbox?!?!?!? We are approved by C.I.S. to bring two orphans into the U.S.A.!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Lord and thanks everyone for all of your prayers!!!
Well, so much for being concise.

Here are some pics of our blessed weekend!!

Eben, Smiley and Aunt Renee!
We love you guys!

Our little twinkies,
do you notice anything?

My sister has her "own" kitchen!
It is so weird to think that in August my sister will be living here!

Keeping the little ones occupied before we leave for church.

Twp peas in a pod! Haha!
Hope helping fix lunch Sunday after church.

Smiley makin' 'em run for it!

Daddy's little girl!

He is going to be such a good daddy!

The love birds took us to the beach!
Even though we didn't get to stay long we had a lot of fun!!
We had enough time for some pictures, a race and even some tears.

It was amazing being able to take off our shoes and walk on the beach in JANUARY!
God is so awesome!
You may be wondering why above I said "even some tears." As I stood on the beach looking East I just wished that I could run across the Atlantic, and hug Sweet Pea and J Man and bring them home! Oh how I want them to be home! Up until that moment, I believed that we were adopting, but it was like RIGHT then that I realized, that two of a my siblings are thousands of miles away from me and my family where they belong! How I long for them to be home. Thank you for all your prayers and please continue to pray as you are lead.

Well, on a lighter note, there is a funny story (at least for me) about this restaurant. A lot of times Noel and Darell will go to the beach, meet his family here, eat pizza together then go get ice cream. Well, since they do that a lot they wanted to show it to us. Well, when Noel would tell us about doing this, she just said they would go to "the loop." Well, I thought that they just made a loop when they went to these three places. When I told them that it was really funny! So, if you ever have wondered, "The Loop" is a restaurant.

Then we went to ice cream!
Thanks for such a fun evening Darell and thanks for joining us Daniel!

Who do you think is going to be an AWESOME mother and happy to have her hands full one day?
I know!

This Little Lady Bug walked all the way up the stairs with these shoes on!
Do you think she like shoes? Maybe, she just sleeps with them!

WE WILL BE BACK!!!!
WE ALREADY MISS Y'ALL!!
LOVE AND HOPE TO SEE YOU GUYS SOON!

God Bless,
Joy.
"There are two things I am sure of. That I am a great sinner. And Christ is a great Savior."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you guys had a good time. When will Noel have surgery?

Nick

Leah-Joy said...

I think Monday.

Jenny said...

Thanks for the pictures! I enjoy seeing pictures of you guys and the cousins! When is your Mama heading to Ghana?

Leah-Joy said...

It should be about four of five weeks from now! Thank you for all your prayers! Maybe God has a little for you! You are an awesome mother!

Thanks for being such a great aunt!

Debbie B said...

Great photos!! I always check your Blog to get the most up to date news on your family.

We love y'all.

Debbie

Mg* said...

HEy,
That is one great(!) post! You dod a really good kob itting everything that we did in there~ love ya