Friday, January 23, 2009

Life is Precious

Life is precious, priceless, a gift and so much more. This is what was the minds of many Thursday, January, 22nd. In that many was me, Grace*, Hope, two dear friends and two pasters, as we stood on the lawn outside the courthouse in our town and prayed. You may ask why we did this, Thursday, January 22nd, 1973 the case of Roe vs. Wade was settled. Abortion was made legule on this day. Now, thirtysix years later, this slaughter of innocent lives has killed 43 million children. This is why we gathered and prayed. We prayed that this act of abortion would be aborted, that the ones who have done this would be forgiven, that those considering to do this would be set on the right path, that we, as Christians, in a free nation would have the courage to take a stand against this act of murder. We prayed for the hearts of the leaders of our nation, that they would be softened, that they ask for forgiveness and that they would have the wisdom to do what it will take to lead our country in this crisis. And that our country must be brought to its knees and if bringing us to our knees with our economy and finances, then, let it be! Please join me in praying for President Obama, Vice President Biden, Sec. of State, Mrs. Clinton and all the many others. What all they believe we know is not right, but, who changed his heart right before he died and was still forgiven? The theif on the cross. If that theif, who commited crimes and was condemned to death because of them and still asked for forgiveness, humbled himself and was forgiven, then anyone can! Please, if you feel so led, please join me in praying for our nation, abortion, the leaders of our nation and the new genaration that is rising up, that we would have the courage to stand during this time of crumbling and hold our standards high for the Lord!

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am humbled at the fact that Christ forgave me and loves me and is preparing a place for me. He has forgiven me and He will forgive anyone!

God Bless,
Joy.
"There are two things that I am sure of. That I am a great sinner. And Christ is a great Savior!"
Amazing Grace.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Leah Joy,
Thank you for this post. We will be praying. Jessie is also deeply moved by this evil act. I think God is bringing up a generation that is filled with passion to stop this unthinkable crime against precious babies.

Love,
Melanie

Anonymous said...

You are so right on with this post! I think it's really cool that you care so deeply about this cause, and I also think it's cool that you included how we should pray for the new president. I think a lot of Christians look at the topic of abortion and that Obama is a democrat and just hate having him as president. But really it is our job to pray for our leaders that they would reach out to God and he would give them wisdom. Thank you for this post!!!

Lindsay Rich said...

Leah-Joy, I love your blog! your family is such an inspiration to me and what I dream of my family being one day!