Sunday, July 20, 2008

Grandmother


I will try to do a post about Grandmother but there is no way I could ever say enough about her! She is amazing! She is so patient and loving! I remember the day that she taught me how to sew. I don't know how old I was but she was so patient and took the time to make sure I did the right size stitch. She now and has taught me how to embroider but not only has she taught me how to sew and embroider, she has taught me to just do what I can. Not get in a big rush, like she says, "Slow down and you won't waist your step's." And that is so true!

She is the one that orders the flowers for someone when someone from our church is in the hospital. She is always writing cards and calling people to check on them and she is so funny! And one reason why she is so happy and healthy is because she does what she can and tries to not over do herself! I have to tell you some of the HILARIOUS stuff that she says!

Mama took that picture above because we couldn't believe that Buddy had gotten SO tall! When we were little it was the coolest thing to be as tall or taller then Grandmother! Well, right before Mama took the picture she said,

"I can tell people this is my boyfriend!"

And another,

As many of you know, we went on vacation a couple weeks ago! Well, she was at our house the day before we left and Hope was telling her about the new car that Papa had bought for her. Then right before she left, she told me,

"Now you tell Hope that I'll drive her car for her while she's gone so's it don't rust."

(Mind you at 87 years old she has never drove !)

And this is the last one that I will write!

Last night we went to an elderly friends birthday party. She was sitting by the birthday girl and her husband and after I got my dessert I went up Mr. Tim and asked him if he was making her mind her manners. He then said that he was trying but he just couldn't get her stop talking! Then she touched me and pulled down my elbow (without asking but in her sweet Grandmother way) and told me how much cake and how much "cream" she wanted. So I went and got it for her and when I gave it to her she said,
"Thank ya hun," then with a mouthful of cake she said, "I'll dance at ya weddin.'"

Lord, please allow her be at my weddin'.
Even if she can't dance at it I hope she can be there!
And thank You so much for all the inspiration that You have given me through her.
Thank you for her wonderful example of a keeper of the home and abiding by her husband!

Thank you again and again!

4 comments:

Deborah said...

This is sooo sweet! You have a way of capturing moments and people with your words. Grandmother is a Godly example for us to follow, and I'm so happy that you have two Grandmohters to love and to cherish. They are gifts. You are wise to appreciate them.

I love you,
Mama

Debbie B said...

This is a wonderful post about your dad's mom! Sweetie, you reap what you sow and you are sowing joy and honor.

May you always be blessed.

Love,
Mrs. Debbie

Tara said...

Great post! Aren't older people wonderful? There's a certain relaxed wit and wisdom that can only be earned by age and experience. The Lord certainly has a useful place for all His children at every age and stage of life. My grandmother used to tell me she'd dance at my wedding too!

Anonymous said...

Joy your grandmother is amazing I don't Many older people who are like that. You are blessed with her.