Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thank You Lord for my mama!!



She has taught me to love being outside,
she has taught to support our servicemen,

she has taught me to cherish friends and family,

she has taught me to love to read and learn,

and much more!


Yesterday I was taking a wee babe from the nursery down to the gym so his mother wouldn't have to walk all the way up to the church building where the nursery is. Another mother had come and got her baby and I was walking with her. As we were walking she said that she didn't see how my aunt (who does the nursery every Wed. and Sun. during Sun. school) had the patience that she did to be with babies that much! Well, in reply I simply said, "She's just Aunt Carol." And then she went on to say that she didn't know how my mama did it with seven when she only had three and at times she felt as though she could just pull her hair out and that we were all just so well mannered and that it seemed as though Mama never got mad. And I just told her that we all have our days and that the worst was when Mama would tell us to go sit in the bathroom while she drank a cup of coffee and then she came in there to talk to us and a little more! And when I told her that the look on her face was worth a million dollars!

She said, "Ya'll got spanked?"

"Oh yeah." I said in reply.

And I went on to tell her that I had a mouth and she was like,

"You? But you're just so sweet and nice."

So I said,

"Maybe I am, but I am like that because my mama did spank me."

And then she asked if spanking me finally cured my mouth and

I said, "Oh no. Liquid soap was what did it!"

The look on her face was priceless!

My mama knew that if she didn't do that, then I would grow to be one the rudest people you ever met because I wasn't afraid to say or tell anyone anything! And because of my mama and the Lord I am not like that. But, like I said above we all have our days and she is always there to help me through those days!

Dear Lord,
Thank you for my mama!
A woman who was not afraid to discipline her child!
Thank you for giving me the mother that I have so that she could help mold me
into who I am today!
She is not only a dear friend but she is a awesome mother!

7 comments:

Tara said...

She taught you all those other things, AND she taught you how to be thankful...wow, she IS something! She's a great example for me.

Deborah said...

You are such an awesome daughter. Your words are such an encouragement to me. The devil LOVES to remind me of all the stupid things I did and do as I raise my children. Thank you for your love and respect for me. They are precious to me.

I love you dearly!!!!

Mama

Melanie said...

It is so wonderful to read how much you are thankful for your family. You do have a special mother and she has a precious daughter in you! The soap does work well doesn't it?
Love you,
Mrs. Melanie

Leah-Joy said...

About the soap Mrs. M. It sure did work!!

Jenny said...

I love your honesty! Your writing ability is awesome! I remember telling people i would use Dawn dish liquid on my three when their mouths were getting out of control. People would ask me, "Isn't that toxic?". Well I guess it wasn't...they are all healthy and probably could have used a few more doses :)!! I love you and I totally understand your battle with the tongue. But it's not a bad thing as long as we temper it with GOD's pure love. You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free...Jesus is the truth...Jesus is love..So the truth in the love of Jesus is freeing...painful sometimes, but freeing. I love you!
Aunt Jenny

Mg* said...

I remember the days of the soap....Why douse it seem that me and you were getting the soap at the same time....? (hahaha) Love ya, :0)

Debbie B said...

I thought that I had already posted under this one. ummm. Losing my mind, I reckon.

This is a great post about your wonderful momma!

Love,
Mrs. Debbie