Monday, February 25, 2008

My Daddy!


I have the most WONDERFUL and AWESOME Daddy! He is the best father a girl could ask for. Always willing to lend a hand, give advice or wisdom at any moment. He is so self sacrificing! Just like in the picture above many men would of wanted a new truck for CHRISTmas but Daddy is content with Gomer Pyle USMC. Always helping someone else and never worried about himself! In may of '06 we almost lost him but it was not his time to go I reckon! The good LORD let him stay with us! My Daddy is literally a walking miracle. While having a simple procedure done on his esophagus air got into a blood vessel, traveled to his brain and right then a there my daddy had a stoke and for about 45 min. his whole left side was numb. As I was standing in the ICU room after it was all over I had to make my self not cry as I stood and looked at my daddy and realized that my daddy could of been gone or the whole left side of his body damaged for years! But he's here, happy and healthy! The day after he got home, he moved a cow from one lot to another and on Sunday, blessed LORDS day he shared his story with our church with tears in his eyes! He is always there for me. His hard hands show how hard he works so that we can stay at home with our mama! God is so wonderful to give me the daddy that I have! He is always happy and laughing! Many people say that laughter is the best medicine and that saying rings true with my daddy!! He is always there when I get sick and he never gets sick! He is always encouraging us in what we do and telling us what will work and what won't in a good way!!! Sissy had a big final today, Monday, and last night she was studying and getting very nervous and worried about it, then Daddy came up stairs to say prayers with us and he told her in his own little comical way, not to worry about because, "She could LICK it!!" And with that in mind, Sissy went and took that final this morning and made a 90!!!!!!!!!!!! We are all so proud of her!

Thank you LORD for such an AWESOME Daddy who is always there and thank you keeping him here even though we almost lost him in May of '06! You are the most wonderful father but thank you so much for the earthly father that you have given to me!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

You have a wonderful family and you are such a sweet girl for treasuring them the way you do. Way to go Sissy!
Love,
Melanie

Deborah said...

Thank you for this post.
You are absolutely right...Daddy is awesome. He loves us so much and gives us everything that he has. Through the grace of our heavenly Father, Daddy has given us a wonderful life...

I love you!