I am not grateful everyday, but I should be.
Today I am very grateful.
Only thirty minutes away from my house in a valley, a tornado gave a party.
It danced and sang.
And it left a mess of destruction as a party favor.
Homes are gone.
The place where laughter, food, and goodnight-kisses were given,
are a heap of sadness and suffering now.
Work places are gone.
Where men and women provided for their families,
ate sandwiches with their friends, and stayed till after 5:00 when they didn't have to.
Nothing was taken from me.
My home is still here, my daddy is still working.
I thank God that we are safe. That our brown couch is still our brown couch.
The Avenger cups are still in the cabinet and my tooth paste is where it belongs.
If you were not touched by the tornado I hope that you praise God for that.
And ask Him what you can for those that were forced to host the party that it threw.
If you were touched, torn, or bruised and battered, I want you to know that I am praying for you and so are others.
I pray that God gives you strength, endurance to the end, hope, peace, and rest when you need it.

2 comments:
These storms always leave me with so many emotions. Nice post.
Love you!
Thank you for stopping and reminding us all to stop. I love your sensitive, thoughtful heart.
I love you.
Mama
Post a Comment