Friday, January 30, 2009

From a Thanful Heart...

It really is a blessing to be homeschooled. Well, as part of our school, Mama requires that we take piano. Well, sometimes I really don't like to take piano and just think of it as a pain! The other day we were in town and I had my recital book with me, it needed to be bound. As we stood in line waiting to get my book back this sweet little lady came up and wanted some pictures of her granddaughter copied. As she got the pictures out I looked at her hand. On her right hand, she had only a thumb. That really made me think. I was like, "You are standing here, getting your piano book fixed and you are complaining about it! And here is a lady with only one finger on her right hand." That made me really thankful, not only that I can play the piano, but that I have all my fingers, that I am healthy and have the opportunity to take piano. When the sales associate handed me my book back, the little lady's husband asked me what kind of music it was. I told him it was piano and that we were homeschooled. He then told me that when he was little he had the opportunity to take piano but he didn't want to and now he wishes that he could play and his wife said that I better be thankful that I know how to play. I am now trying to be ever so thankful for the opportunity to learn and play the piano.

Thank you Lord,
For my mother who has taken the time to stay at home with me and teach me,
and for my daddy who makes the sacrifice so that I can take piano lessons.
Amen.




5 comments:

Jenny said...

Love your background!

Leah-Joy said...

Thanks!

Debbie B said...

(((Leah Joy))) What a sweet post. I know that your momma has blessed you but you have blessed your momma, too!

Love,
Mrs. Debbie

Noel said...

The gift of piano is so special. Thank you for sharing your heart.

Love,
Noel

Deborah said...

You are such a sweet, sweet heart!! It is an absolute JOY to be your Mama. And by the way, I think your piano playing is so very pretty. And I HAVE noticed a change in the seriousness of your practice time :)

I love you dearly,
Mama