Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Sanctuary

In the right of the image below you can see a Sanctuary,
a Place of Worship and a House of God.
This is the church that we worked on last summer.
Earlier this evening we got a phone call from a man who is like part of our family from the church we worked two years ago.
What he had to say was very sad.
As I tried listen to him and ignore the noise in the background,
I heard loud and clear what he had to say.
The roof of their Sanctuary had been ripped off by a tornado, there was also four inches of water in the sanctuary and,
the tornado also damaged a smaller building on the church campus.
Later on I found out that the noise I heard in the background was men working on the church already!
As bad as I wanted to jump in a car and go help them,
he asked me to pray that God might keep the men working on the building safe as they worked into the night.
Please keep this church in your prayers and that they will have the strength to finish the roof.

Carpenters For CHRIST will be traveling to this church in the second week in June but not because of the damage done by the tornado.
The reason that we are going is that the building we helped them build in the past is to small!
PRAISE GOD!
Please keep this church in your prayers as they go through this time of reconstruction!

They are a faithful body of believers and this will not keep them from praising our Father in
heaven!


This church building looks much like the one that's roofs been destroyed.
Please keep them in your prayers!

Thank you all very much!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

It feels so strange to be here and be fine, and our brothers and sisters in Christ in another state are suffering.

I will be praying for them, and for the task that God has for those who can help.

Noel said...

It is so sad to hear this news.
My heart and prayers are with them. They are such an amazing Church and minister of Christ.