Sunday, October 6, 2013

John 3:30

"He must become greater, and I must become less important."

As I read this, I began to pray,
"God, Daddy, show me how to do this. Please show me how to make you more important than myself."

And then he reminded me of a scripture from the sermon this morning:

John 6:29 -- "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

  I have always been "do" oriented. And now, as the rain hits the top of the tin roof and my siblings watch a Western with Robert Duvall in the glass porch, God is teaching me to be "be" oriented. He is teaching me that when I do do something for Him, it is not because He is going to be displeased with me if I don't. I am doing whatever it is because of who HE is and the love that HE has for me and those around. HE wants me to believe. HE wants my belief to compel to do things in His name for others, for His glory. And not out of fear of disappointing Him, or anyone else for that matter.




  When I do do something for someone else, it will be with the Kingdom in mind. It will be with the mindset of how it will impact eternity. That is how HE will become greater and I will become less important.

That is how I will become a wonder-struck daughter who loves her Father-King because of who HE is and not because of what HE can do for her.

No comments: