There is a first time for everything. This past semester God taught me a lot about listening. Listening for Him. Hearing Him. And then obeying Him. He taught what His voice sounds like. It is the most solid sound that has ever entered my mind.
It is also the sweetest sound.
The best sound.
It is comforting.
It is challenging, often times asking me to do what I would rather not.
My flesh begins to fight. My gut says no.
My mind says, "This what God wants. DO IT."
My heart is willing because there with the Holy Spirit, it knows what is right.
He has taught to pray. Really pray.
At camp with our youth, I was privileged, and I mean really privileged, to witness over 100 students worshipping their Creator. They would raise their hands. Or bow their heads. Lie on the floor in reverence, or be on their knees in awe of their Savior.
As I stood in the back of the auditorium and looked and really saw what was happening in front of me, I couldn't help but praise God for what He was doing in the hearts and minds of these teenagers. Of the next generation.
As I stood and watched, I prayed.
I prayed that God would talk to them. That they would talk to God.
I prayed that they would listen.
And that they would hear from God Almighty.
And praise God, they did!
The last day of camp, as we sat half awake eating Cheerio's and pancakes in the dining hall, a staffer asked the students sitting at our table to share something God had taught them during the week. Every night I had prayed that they would listen and hear from God. I had prayed that their earbuds would be stuck in His Word and that it would play through their mind. Two of the boys sitting with us said that while at camp they listened, and heard from God. They were learning what His voice sounded like. You talk about wanting to shout! God had told me what to pray for and He let me see it answered while I was eating my cereal at 8:00 in the morning with sleepy boogers in my eyes!
Y'all, God is good. And He is so stinkin real. And He is solid. He is not made of the wind that the turbulence of the world creates. He is what we stand on. HE is our solid rock that CANNOT be destroyed.
King Nebuchadnezzar's kingdom, glory, domain, and everything else that was his on the face of the earth was knocked out from under his feet.
Daniel 2:31-35
“Your Majesty looked, and there before you stood a large statue—an enormous, dazzling statue, awesome in appearance. 32 The head of the statue was made of pure gold, its chest and arms of silver, its belly and thighs of bronze, 33 its legs of iron, its feet partly of iron and partly of baked clay. 34 While you were watching, a rock was cut out, but not by human hands. It struck the statue on its feet of iron and clay and smashed them. 35 Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver and the gold were all broken to pieces and became like chaff on a threshing floor in the summer. The wind swept them away without leaving a trace. But the rock that struck the statue became a huge mountain and filled the whole earth.
The statue, what was built by man, crumbled. Fell and shattered. But the rock, the Kingdom of God grew. A statue will fall. And it can only be so big. But what the heck can you do with a mountain? A mountain isn't about to fall and shatter to pieces. That is how solid and real God is. All the world has to offer us is chaff, the leftover part of the wheat that has no use, function, or purpose that is going to be blown away.
But God is full of light! He has a desire burning inside of Him to talk to us. We just have to listen and we will hear Him. He created us on purpose for a purpose. A beautiful one! He wants to use us. With Him, we function at our full ability. Being with God, trusting Him, resting with Him, giving Him the thoughts that don't glorify Him, is how we hear Him.
He is listening.
Are you?
1 comment:
Reading this is like listening to your voice. You have reminded me that God is not an idea, He is not a philosophy, He is not merely words or thoughts. He Is The Rock. Thank you. Sometimes I overcomplicate things, over-think things, but you have brought me back to Truth: "Y'all, God is real(!!)"
I love you, my favorite little southern bell LJ.
Hope :)
Post a Comment