Thursday I was feeling so very defeated. I felt as thought God had told me what to do slong ago, I was passionate then it got and I quit. I was feeling as though there is nothing a sixteen yearold from a little town in the South could do about abortion. Hope, as always could tell I was not myself. I didn't want to tell what was botherng me but because I was honest with her she helped me so much! She told me how Sonny Perdue can' do anything about abortion in our state because it is a federal issue; that things like this take time, perserverance and patients. While she was telling me elderly friend of ours was over helping us learn "The Star Spangled Banner" (we have been to sing at a Thrasher's game). As I was listening to the words I began to wonder what Francise Scott would think of our country now? And that just me feel een worse. But then, something awesome happened! God is so amazing!! It was late in the evening and I hadn't practiced piano yet. I really didn't want to but I knew I needed to. I was ending my practice with the hymn that I am learning and something told me to play all the ones that I knew in the book. As I was playing I began to sing and it was the most amazing feeling! It felt like the Holy Spirit was filling and lifting me up! The last song I sang was "It is Well With My Soul."
And I pray and hope that everything today is well with your soul!
God Bless and continue to pray for Haiti!
Leah-Joy.
2 comments:
Sweet Leah-Joy,
The most pro-life thing one can do is to adopt a child. Look at how pro-life you have been this past year.
You have prayed to God that He would bring home your brother and sister.
You have shared the love of Christ with them each day. You have played with them, prayed with them, and taught them right from wrong.
Every day, every moment you are living our what God has called you to.
You are awesome and a blessing to me.
Keep speaking His truth and keep loving like Jesus.
I love you!
Please don't feel defeated.
You encourage me everyday. One of my favorite parts of the day is when you end your piano practices with hymns, and then you sing with them, too. You are precious. Everyday you show the Love of God to *all* the people around you. God will finish what He has started in your heart...He is faithful, and HE will do it. You are doing exactly what He is asking you to do right here, right now. Your light shines further than you know.
I love you dearly,
Mama
Post a Comment