Friday, August 21, 2009

Honestly...

Since we have started school back have been reminded of something. That I don't know where I want to go to college, and I don't know what I want to major in. This is a little bit discouraging because I want a focus, I want to look forward to where I am going, I don't want to WAIT. But, right now I think that is what God wants me to do. In my heart literaly all I want to do is get married, build a house on the hill and raise children up to honor and glorify God. Most girls can go to school to get a degree in what they want to do, I can't. I am tryng to pray about that and am not doing a really good job. I want to know SO MUCH RIGHT NOW! Please keep me in your prayers because I think that right now God just wants me to do my school, be the friend that my friends need in me, the sister that J man and Sunshine need, help Grandmother while I still can, spend time with Daddy and be with Mama in the kitchen and as I write all this I feel dumb for complaining. I never realized all that I had to do. But, I guess I want something to look forward to, college, you know, something like that. I don't know. Thank you all for reading this and if you have somethng to say abouot it, be HONEST! You know that I am!



Love Y'all!!!
God Bless,
Joy

8 comments:

Melanie said...

Leah Joy,
I love this honest post. You are doing a wonderful job fulfilling your role in your home. You are learning to be a Godly woman. You have a servants heart. You love children. God has a plan for you and it will be one lucky young man who wins your heart.

Love you,
Melanie
PS look at Jessie's blog. She is writing poetry and I know some encouragement would be good for her.

Elizabeth Maddox said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel!!! Down to the core!!! I felt this way very recently, but thank the Lord I don't anymore! Hopefully I won't again, either.....but, anyway, at this point it's tough because you want to do something, but you can't. He's telling you to wait, but want to take it into your own hands and handle it yourself. Leah-Joy, DON'T DO THAT. I did that, and it was a BIIIG mistake. God showed me my mistake gently, but firmly. Pray for patience and guidance, that you may focus on what you need to, school, family, and friends. I'm in the EXACT same boat as you, I know how you feel...I'll definatly pray for you. Thanks for sharing this, it's helpful to know that someone feels the way I do! All I want to do is get married and have a pretty little country house and raise my children...but now's not the time. :( It's a hard fact, but for now He has something else. :) Love you girl! ~Red

Mg* said...

I have felt the same way and still do if I stop and think about it for long. I also have friends (in college) that feel the same too. I will pray for you and thanks for being so honest with us.

Leah-Joy said...

Thank you guys so much for all your encouragement and prayers! I love you all!!!!

Laurel said...

As a Mama of 13 ... with 6 young adults ... I would encourage you to ...

Seek God
Follow Your Dreams
Follow Your Passions

God will guide you. The world may say that college is the way to success, but my children have found so many different ways to be successful young adults, because they have allowed the Lord to plan their path.

God may lead you to college, but He may also lead you to ...

Missions (one of my daughters lives in Argentina)

Ministry (one daughter worked in full-time children's ministry for 2 years)

Work (one of my daughters is a Nanny)

A Godly Relationship (my daughter in Argentina is being pursued by a godly Argentine man)

Keep walking with Him ... and He will guide your path.

blessings,

mama of 13

Debbie B said...

My dear Leah Joy,

Your post was so honest.

I want to tell you how very much I enjoyed you when I was up visiting. You are growing up into a beautiful, kind, and sweet young woman. Mark asked who you were when he saw your photo and when I told him, he said, "Oh, Debbie! She has grown into a beautiful young lady. She's just lovely."

I know and believe that God has great extraordinary things in store for your life. I will pray that the desire of your heart comes to pass. Being a godly wife and and mother is a high calling. You have been privileged to sit under a master's hand and learn this calling.

I have loved watching you grow up. And, I wait with anticipation to see what God has in store for you.

Love and Hugs and All the stuff,
Aunt Debbie

Southern Latitudes said...

I think your song choice says it all. Praying for you to have patience while you're waiting on God's will for your life. Meanwhile, I know how much of a blessing you must be to those around you.

Leah-Joy said...

Thanks everybody for all your encouragement!! It means so much to me!! Thank you!!