- Going to church
- Blowing bubbles with a little one
- Going on a Mission for God in Louisisana
- Being with my family
- Having reunions
- Blogging whatever I want
- Shopping
- Fishing with my little brother's
- Spending a day in the kitchen
- A night on the town with my sister's
- Watching a movie with my family
- Driving my Daddy's Ford
This list could go on and on. What is the list for you ask? It is things that I know that I do and don't even think about them. Today I have thought a lot about them and why we CAN do them. We CAN do them because of what I and my brothers and sisters and mama witnessed this morning. The homecoming of a fallen soldier. This brave, 21 year old Sargeant left his home and family to go fight for you and me. Not knowing at all what the future held. Sure, none of us know what our future holds, but he was going to a land where he was hated and going to be shot at WITHOUT MERCY. A land where his brother's are dying for others who don't even care anymore. You and I are safe, here in our homeland, the motherland. He left his young wife and newborn son. A couple weeks ago I was at the docters office with my grandmother. As we left I saw an older gentlemen, nicley dressed witha cap on that said, "Veteran of Vietnom." AS we left, I hesitated and then thanked him for his service to our country. After I told him thank you, he thanked me for thanking him. Mama and Daddy have taught me and my siblings to thank these men and obviously, they don't get thanked enough. I not to brag or anything, I just want to give you something to think about. Thank a soldier when you see one. As I write this I wonder if Sgt. Jordan was ever thanked; I hope that he was. I haven't cried like I did this morning at the airport in a long time. I kept thinking of his familiy, his young wife and 1 year old son who's birthday is the day that his life was taken. June 4th. I also kept think of the "This is just a dream" by Carrie Underwood . How I wish that had been a dream, but it wasn't. It was real. IT IS REAL! Please keep his family in your prayers. Please for all of our troops.
Thank you for taking time to read, and, if you take the time to thank a soldier,
Thank you again.
2 comments:
A beautiful post from a young lady with a precious heart.
Love,
Mrs. Debbie
This has got me thinking--thank you Leah~Joy! =)
Post a Comment